Wednesday, January 15, 2014

So the journey continues....

Since excepting the role as a volunteer with Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics I have began the task of learning any and everything about Russia and the Olympics themselves.  I had to take on- line course to understand the Olympic history, the Coastal and Mountain Cluster as well as gain an understanding is sustainability in regards to the Olympics.  After I completed and passed the above mention areas I then had to work on and pass on-line relating to my venue which is the Endurance Village.

Mountain Olympic Village
The Mountain Olympic Village is situated within easy reach of the Alpine Skiing Center, the Freestyle Center and the Snowboard Park. The competitors will be housed in comfortable rooms, in hotels, apart-hotels and cottages built in the alpine style.

Part of my job at Endurance Village is make sure there is no unauthorized entry into the village and the liaison with both athletes as well as security in keeping area safe.

After being told that I am working EVS -ENDURANCE VILLAGE I then received information that I needed a new passport as my present passport would expire within 6 months and was make impossible to travel to Russian.   Upon receiving my new 10 year passport I then waited for my telex number to be sent to me.  The telex number was a number that was provided by 2014 Olympic volunteer committee and with that it made the process to get a Russian visa a bit less stressful.

Hi David,     

We would like to inform you that the visa support is ready. There has been organized a special reference number through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation (also called the telex number), which replaces the official invitation letter as well.
The number is 263080 dated December 10, 2013.
We have requested single-entry humanitarian  visas, valid in period 20/01/2014 – 19/03/2014.
Purpose of visit – sport relations

The information has already been sent to the Embassy of RF in Toronto (Canada)
Please find the contact details for your convenience:
Tel: (8-10-1-416) 962-99-11.
Please inquire about days and hours of operation, amount of the consular fee and the exact set of documents at the Embassy before you apply.
You should submit the mentioned number together with the rest of the documents, using it instead of invitation letter


No comments:

Post a Comment