Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Endurance Village and trip to work

The last few days we have begun the dress rehearsals for the arrival of the many athletics that will arrive in the next few days. The property that I am working at is as I previously mention is the home to all the biathlon athletics.  I am tasked with helping to setting up the information booth to direct them and provide with information why they here at Edurance Village.  Due to safety and privacy concerns I am unable to provide you with details of the village, however it can tell you that it will be part of a Five Star resort later.

Traveling to Endurance Village from Voysolye which can only be described as a painful process.  I start with a brisk 10 min walk out to the Main Street.  I then wait for bus WKF # 8 or 3 which will take me to Olympic Park where I then must complete 10 - walk to the train station.   Once I am there I then need to go through the check point before heading off to the train. It's here were you go throught the scanner and it's where you must produce all item such as Ipad,iPhone,coins , cameras,etc and then get pat searched.  Well I can tell you that this is a new experience and according to some of the female volunteer here the security are very personal with there search

It is then on the train from Adler to Kasnaya Polyna which is about50 mins long and it goes up through the mountains and passes throught three separate tunnels on the way.the temperature goes from +12. To about -11.  Once arriving up to the top it another 30 mins walk including a trip across the bridge and a stop for a picture by the Olympic Rings before catching the gondola to Endurance Villlage.

The view at the top is nothing short of amazing and I have added a few pictures on Facebook of the view.  As the athletics are just beginning to arrive my Info Booth has not been busy so I help the Guest Services complete the finishing touch to the residences.  I have had again a amazing opportunity to speak with a number of Russian police officers while I am here. I met Sergei who is the head police officer for Endurance Village and he has made a number of opportunities to meet with  me and was appreciative of guy.

The Canaian biathlon team is due in in the next day or so and the final touches are being done around Sochi to prepare to host Olympics.   Ok they will continue right up to the moment and for those that are interested the I will add as many photos as I can.  I worked all night and am planning on staying up to do some cleaning up as I am off today Jan 28 and then having a good night sleep before I work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment