Sunday, January 19, 2014

Paris to Moscow

Well the trip has begun and I have made it all the way to Moscow.  I got the plane in Toronto and it was very enjoyable as there were two guys the kept me entertained. We arrived in Paris 1/2 hr early so made the connection easier especially since the next plane was smaller and was almost full except for the middle seat in my row.  I had this young lady sitting with me and she spoke Russian and heard me practicing and later helped me prepare to navigate the RUSSIAN METRO system.

Well I got to Moscow and it hit me It's going to difficult talking to people. I got off the plane and I had to take an express train (35 mins) into Moscow which stopped at BELORUSKAYA and once I got into Moscow I had gad to take the METRO.    THE METRO here is amazing as well the people that were willing to help out a stranger.

After taking the last subway I arrived at TEATRAL NAYA and went outside and near froze as it was -20 out.  I walked about 10 mins and walked right past Bolshi theater and was amazed how beautiful it was.  After another 5 mins I arrived at the Marriott Aurora Hotel and the staff was great as they helped me organize ride to train station for the 24 hr rain ride .

Talk to you from Sochi Olympics


1 comment:

  1. I know you have continued your journey and have finished the train portion of the trip so you are in Sochi. Looking forward to hearing about the details of that 24 hour train ride in your next post. :)

    Love you Jo

    ReplyDelete